Saturday, May 21, 2016

That Night...

Crashing... Over the hills...
Darkness... Swept the winds...

Walking the rubble and dirt...
Feel I  the tears, the screams and the cries I never heard...

Tears grace the graves unmarked...
Shines the silver light unto those who went silent into the night...

Walking the streets once I stumbled upon...
I hear her voice ringing at every corner...

The smiles, the tears and the frowns...
The promises that were never kept painfully lingering in every corner...

Dancing in the rain, the cascade swinging in the gentle breeze...
Sweeps around me the gentle warmth of your shoulder slowly fading into the memories...

Walk the twilight...
Feel the love that was buried beneath the rubble, sealed forever for an eternity...

Beating down upon me cries the skies...
Vain is your attempt for angels belong in heaven...

Buried me in your heart long ago...
Why not bury me in your grave tonight?

Look unto me...
Whisper once more into my ear, I Love You...

Hours rolled into days and weeks and shall into years...
Disappear into the night sky you did, leaving untold stories...

Unanswered questions scattered amongst the dust and grit...
Orange jackets and sniffing tail-waggers can never find answers to buried under them...

Wading through the cries of gods...
Remind myself that nothing's for eternity...

Hear the stories of thieves, rascals, lovers, parents whisper into your ears...
How the night rumbled into their lives like the lights of the skies...

Why I ask the night...
Didn't you whisk me away?

Don't you know that dead men tell no tales?
Pompeii I feel your pain buried under the spits of demons...

Happily ever after in the tales...
Was washed away yesterday...

Take me home O' gods of the skies...
Bury me in her grave...

No comments:

Post a Comment